Healthy Lives is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 18 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – Healthy Lives
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with
When you subscribe to our newsletter, we collect your first name and email address – information necessary to send you emails. When you make a donation to us, we collect your name, email address and payment details. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your IP address, your browsing history (if there is any) etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
Information from our partners
We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds. See the list of our partners here.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you. This includes for example registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfil an obligation under law or contract;
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalized offers* (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- to administer and analyse our client base (purchasing behaviour and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
- to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction;
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or same to your purchasing history/browsing behaviour to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- to send you your daily results from our app;
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for;
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law, but not longer than seven years.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We share your data with:
Our processing partners:
- TransIP – our web hosting provider. Our data is stored on their servers.
- Automattic – we manage our website using WordPress, a content management system owned by Automattic.
- Mailgun – our partner for sending results emails from the app. No Personal Data is stored.
- Facebook – we use a Facebook pixel to monitor site usage and use this data to enhance your customer experience and offer you more relevant content.
- Mollie payments – payment provider. They handle financial transactions related to donations made on our site.
- Van Asselt – Our accountant. We share order information and other transactional information with them.
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
|@@History/@@scroll|#||healthylives.com||Used by the website to make navigation buttons and page scrolls function.||Session||HTML Local Storage|
|CookieConsent||healthylives.com||Stores the user’s cookie consent state for the current domain||1 year||HTTP Cookie|
|MCPopupClosed||healthylives.com||Tracks whether a visitor has previously dismissed the mailchimp signup popup.||1 year||HTTP Cookie|
|mc_landing_site||healthylives.com||Ensures Mailchimp automations start when you purchase an email program.||6 days||HTTP Cookie|
|pys_fb_pixel_traffic_source||healthylives.com||A remarketing and behavioral targeting service that connects healthylives.com with the Facebook advertising network. See third party cookies below.||Session||HTTP Cookie|
Analytics cookies (4)
These cookies help us understand how visitors interact with our websites by providing information about the areas visited, the time spent on the website, and any issues encountered, such as error messages. This helps us improve the performance of our website. You can install a browser add-on to opt out of Google analytics.
|_ga||healthylives.com||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||2 years||HTTP Cookie|
|_gat||healthylives.com||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate||Session||HTTP Cookie|
|_gid||healthylives.com||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||Session||HTTP Cookie|
|collect||google-analytics.com||Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.||Session||Pixel Tracker|
Functionality cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in.
|_AVESTA_ENVIRONMENT||mc.us15.list-manage.com||The cookie is set when the user subscribes to an email service from MailChimp.||Session||HTTP Cookie|
Third party cookies
You can block all third party cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use this setting to block all cookies (including essential cookies), you may not be able to access all or parts of our site. Another option is to use the aboutads network to opt out of advertising tracking (only for the associated advertising companies, which include Facebook and Google).
For more information, visit:
Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens)
You can contact us here.
Last modification was made 12-November-2018.